Wednesday, March 18, 2009

28 conquers Me

About a week and a half ago now, my roommates threw a little party for me in the apartment. A lot of people came (including Seth, who was in town!) and I even made "Watchmen" cakes. Here are some photos









It was a great, great time and I felt so lucky to have such great friends. Thank you all!

The next day, we went out for a special birthday dinner.

You see, a couple of months ago, while going to IHOP for an "All You Can Eat Pancakes" day (where Patrick got three orders of pancakes, eggs, bacon and french fries, and disgusted all of us) we realized there's a Chuck E. Cheese nearby.

So, I proclaimed that day I would have my birthday dinner at Chuck E. Cheese.

It made sense. I had my 7th birthday party at a Chuck E. Cheese and it was an absolute blast. Why wouldn't I have just as much fun twenty-one years later?

So me, Brian, Angel, Patrick, Seth and Angel's girlfriend Beth, also visiting, headed off to our local Chuck E. Cheese.

Angel ordered for us. We had only one request. We wanted a lot of food. Tons of food. Three large pizzas. An order of breadsticks. An order of Buffalo chicken wings. Angel took the honor of ordering, seen here...





We patiently waited thirty minutes for our food, but took the time to use our tokens to play some videogames, seen here...








Soon after, we settled in for all that food we ordered.

And you know what?

It was fucking disgusting.

And not only was it so fucking disgusting, but we had ordered a hundred bucks worth of it. So, we were forced to sit there and eat it all. Every disgusting bit of it. The pizza was somewhere between lukewarm and cold, the breadsticks were flaccid, and the chicken wings were described as "fat and skin covered with buffalo sauce."

We left the Chuck E. Cheese that day feeling completely disgusting. Was it our age? Were we too old to eat Chuck E. Cheese? Or was it the Chuck E. Cheese? Is Chuck E. Cheese disgusting?

Afterwards, my Mom called and I told her how Chuck E. Cheese was. She said, "Oh yeah, that place is gross. That's the only pizza I can't stomach."

So, I blame the mouse. But I can't blame him too much, because he was kind enough to pose for this photo.





Evan is in town this week! We went to Universal yesterday. Expect photos soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

just looking at photos from here makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Anonymous said...

kiss evan for me!

Renee of the Fae said...

Ick! Flaccid! :P Good to know, though. I've never been...and now I never will. I prefer Dave and Busters, anyway. Someday, I'll go to NYC and check out Barcode. *^_^*
Happy 28th anyway, man!

Andrew Sparkes said...

Ooh, theory:

Could Evan and Seth possibly be in town for talks for WNG:TV?

Just seems all too coinkidinky to me...

I jest, but it'd be cool if the original cast was reunited, even if just for an LA photo session!