Saturday, February 21, 2009

Angel's Top 10.

I like movies. I love buying DVDs (now, Blu-Ray). I enjoy movie award shows. I just don’t care for making yearly Top 10 movie lists. I see the movies, I like it or don’t. May see it again in theaters. Buy the DVD (now, Blu-Ray). Watch it again, watch the special features. Done. Move on. I rather play Tetris on Facebook, read Hollywood Reporter, look for jobs on Craigslist, work on my Las Vegas puzzle, catch up on my DVR, eat lunch, and other things that wouldn’t be appropriate to mention here.

Nobody cares what my Top 10 movies are right? I’m gonna strain my brain thinking of all the movies I saw last year, just to think of 10 favorite movies. It would be easier to just to look at my DVD collection and see what I’ve purchased in 2008. Or just ask me.

YOU: Hey Angel, did you see “You Don’t Mess With The Zohan?



ME: Yeah.

YOU: Did you like it?

ME: Yes, I liked it.

YOU: Cool.

End.

So in order to appease my roommates, because apparently I have to make a list, I will write down a list of my favorite, well-liked, movies I didn’t mind this year. But I will do it differently. I will make my Top 10 list of movies by their tagline.

Angel’s Unpretentious 10 Well-Liked Movies of 2008 (in no particular order):

1. A comedy about getting dumped, and taking it like a man.
2. Fully Charged.
3. Go!
4. Because you were home.
5. An Adventure Beyond the Ordinar-E.
6. Welcome to a world without rules.
7. Put this in your pipe and smoke it.
8. Quantum of Solace*
9. Trust no one. Deceive everyone.
10. What does it take to find a lost love?


*Apparently has no tagline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MAJOR brownie points for number four (The Strangers)! Really enjoyed that movie, despite me screaming at the top of my lungs through various scenes. The part where she tries to fit under the bed but can't? Horror at it's best.